The Denver Domestic Violence Coordinating Council’s Goals for 2011:
- Begin implementation of a Denver Collaborative Community Awareness Campaign, modeled after the “It’s Not O.K.” campaign in New Zealand.
- Manage the Denver Metro Domestic Violence Fatality Review. Research and review cases of domestic violence related fatalities; disseminate information for changes in intervention and maintain theonly annual statewide tally of domestic violence related fatalities.
- Provide trainings and opportunities for policy related debate to participants and others.
- Ensure community efforts address inclusivity of service recipients and providers.
- Provide technical assistance for other jurisdictions wanting to establish or hone Coordinated Community Responses in their areas.